11 May 2010

Peace and Serenity

After a tough week, I feel the need for some peace and serenity. Ocean breezes and the sound of the waves. Sand underfoot and an open horizon. On a beautiful day, the beach can do the trick, and when I can't get there personally a visit via the family photo collection is a good back up.

I did not grow up with many beach experiences, perhaps because the only beach within reach was the Gulf of Mexico and while Glen Campbell sang a poignant song of Galveston, it is not a particularly inspiring beach destination. I can still remember the excitement of my first glimpse of a 'real' ocean in California - and the not so exciting feeling of nearly drowning in the surf!

Now I live in a land that is known for its beautiful beaches - on the biggest island in the world. So there are many beach photos in the family albums!



Here are a few that went beautifully with Janet Carr's recent contribution to the Beach collaboration kit at Scrap Party Digi Shop. I LOVE Janet's work - the detail she puts into each kit make my pages sing. She tells me that she will have a new kit out soon, and I am sure I'll be posting more layouts featuring it very soon!

Until then, take a few moments to enjoy a bit of Aussie beach heaven.

Find out more about Janet's kits at her blog at Little Feet Digital Designs.

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE this LO too!!!!!!!!!!!! Love everything about it!!!!!!!!!!!! AND wow!! What beautiful pics!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete