At the top of the list is that my sweet neice was born at the start of the year - and gifted with my name, too! What an honor that is. A few months later I crossed the ocean to be there for her christening. I also had surgery to regain the use of my hand (how could I forget that!). It was a year full of TBall, church activities, plays, overseas visitors, preschool excursions and school competitions, a Significant Birthday, and family holidays - big and small.
Revisiting the photos and all the events that made up that year also made me realise how much CHANGE has occured since then. Obviously our boys have grown taller and both now shave. (Sigh.) So, also, has the physical nature of our home as the extension and internal renovations that we began in 2000 finally wrap up this year (I hope).
BEFORE
Here are some photos taken in our tiny kitchen - one in 1999 (before the reno began - don't you LOVE the orange bench tops!) ...
AFTER
... and the photo above was taken more recently. (Note that no kitchen improvement is complete without cheerful helpers!)
I've been waiting for an Idea to define the next decade of my life. There has been no epiphany, so it is now apparent that I must simply begin building it - one stone at a time - until it takes form.

Oh LORI>>> this is just a FANTSTIC tid-bit!! It just goes to show... how important it is to journal and document ALL of those little moments in life that we swear we will never forget, but do!!!!!!! THANK YOU sooooooo MUCH for the reminder!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE seeing those photos!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete